Sunday, July 6, 2008

Another completed block!

Another completed block. Yaaaayyyy!!! This one according to Amanda Jean at "Crazy Mom Quilts" is called the "Martha Washington" Square. I thought it was very fitting for the holiday that we celebrated last Friday. I believe that this is block #9 and there is either 3 or 4 more to go after this.

Here is a family favorite recipe that I would share. SUPER simple to make and it makes alot!

Chinese Noodle Candy

1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups butterscotch chips
2 cups Spanish peanuts
2 cups Chinese Noodles aka crunchy chow mein noodles that come in a can

Melt both chocolate and butterscoth chips together then remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients and drop by spoonfulls onto waxed paper. Sets up in a few mins.

Let me just say that if your house is warm from the summer heat that it will take longer for the candy to set up so don't think you did something wrong. Also, for a different kind of twist, I substituted Macadamia nuts for the peanuts and my husband Warren prefered it over the peanuts.

Let me know if you try it and how you like it. I will warn you that they are addicting!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: