Friday, February 20, 2009

Fun Summer-Type quilt

Here is my latest project! I started working on this back in the fall of 2008. I was starting to get a little tired of the ususal fall colors (I know, hard to believe!) and was hungry for something bright, warm and happy.

I just got the backing on it and at this VERY moment I am adding my binding. I am not sure if this will be a wall hanging or maybe a coverlet for a twin bed.

I learned something while I was doing this quilt that was suggested to me at one of my quilt guild meetings.

I was commenting to the President that I would LOVE,LOVE, LOVE to learn how to stipple my quilt but have no idea how. I also mentioned that I am using just a plain old ordinary garden-variety machine that does not have a wide throat for turning quilts while quilting the layers. She mentioned to me that I should roll it up "jelly-roll" style and the only part that is flat is that part that I am working on.

Wouldn't you know it....IT WORKS WONDERS!!!!

I know, you are probably thinking, DUH!! You just now found that out? Yep and I am even brave enough to admit it too. Hee hee!!

What works for you? What do you do so that you can quilt yours?

Would love to know what works for everyone.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Melody

1 comment:

Julie in the Barn said...

Hey, Melody, it's great to see you posting again. Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog. I'd never have known you were back from Maui!! Good luck on the school thing. I'll be checking for updates.