Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Berry Spring-y-Quilt

While everything downstairs of my my home was decorated in Christmas colors, I was in a whole other season upstairs in my sewing room. Don't get me wrong, I do like Christmas and everything that Christmas is about BUT I love Spring and Summer colors. I guess that means that sometime in July or August you will see a posting of a Fall colored quilt, Huh? I am so predictable!!

When I was putting this quilt together, I wanted to do something with all the scraps that I have been saving. I was shooting for something vintage and traditional looking. The stawberry fabric was left over from an apron and the green and white gingham was left over from the summer type quilt that is posted below this one. As was going through my "5,500 Quilt Block Designs" book by Maggie Malone (LOVE that name!) this one caught my eye. I forgot the block name (The star shaped one).

I really enjoy using my scraps. I feel that it makes my hobbie a little more affordable. It really gets the wheels turing when I look at them and try to figure out something interesting to do with them.

Currently, I am working on a quilt designed by Eleanor Burns called "Tossed Nine Patch" and I am using scraps from past quilts, pajamas that I made for my girls, a dress that my younges wore when she was a toddler and a pair of children's pants that I bought at the local flea market for 10 cents!!

I will post the pattern and my WIP. I have been having so much fun making this and learing how to assembly-line sew Eleanor's way.

Well, I am currently studying about bones, skin and muscels in my Anatomy class. The teacher wants us to memorize the 206 bones in the body....wish me luck on that!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Melody

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is really really pretty!

I feel the call for a traditional quilt myself...