Saturday, August 2, 2008

An AWESOME quilt book!!


While hanging out at Barnes and Noble with my DH, I noticed the title of this book and thought, "Come on....5,500 blocks?" But yea, they are not kidding. There are 5,500 different block designs in this book by Maggie Malone (love that name!) There is a section for 4 patch, 5 patch, 9 patch, 10 and 12 patch. There are also diagrams for doing circles, octagons, diamonds, curves, animal shapes, HUGE stars, pumpkins, cowboy boots, etc. There are approx 434 pages (not including the index). Each block has it's name listed and what other names it is known by. Some of them show the date of when they were first published in a book or a magazine. It is so interesting to see when some of these first came out.

Well, back to work on my "Little Star" quilt top and then I have to finish the Star quilt along. I will post pics as soon as I can.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Melody

1 comment:

Betty said...

Oh my gosh! I can't even imagine dreaming up 50 different blocks never mind 500?! I'll have to look for that book.